Our Armaments Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) GEMS program at the Picatinny Arsenal is based on joint, multi-disciplinary collaborations between STEM educators and our engineers and scientists.
ARDEC GEMS is uniquely focused on forming the type of hands-on, real-world activities; that are relevant to the state-of-the-art armaments work our labs strive to develop, design and produce for the warfighter. Since 2017, our program strives to offer STEM areas such as: physics and chemistry, applied science, engineering & technology, mathematics, and computer science; focused along select competencies unique to our armaments science and technologies.
ARDEC GEMS 2018 advances and sustains our program, fostering STEM-based scientific and engineering fields, within the context of our ARDEC subject matter competencies, where enabling technologies and state-of-the-art facilities are applied and demonstrated, through real world problem-solving and activity-based projects, lessons and experiments.
- The Physics of Guidance and Trajectory
- Material Design of Armaments
- Aeroballistics & Motion Dynamics
- Strength of Materials
- Chemistry of ArmamentsDesign of Experiments – Game Theory & Statistics
- The Mechanics of Robotics and Autonomy
- Programming…Building an App for That
- Computer Science and Cybertechnologies
- Demil Technologies in Environmental Science
- Non-Destructive Tools of the Trade & Analysis
- Optics & Photonics Explained
- Polymers and Ceramics in 3D Applications
About the Armaments Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC)
The mission of is to lead research and development of system solutions to the warfighter. Established at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, as a critical asset that is vital to National Security, this vision is supported by its ability to deliver products and provide world class facilities and services.
GEMS I is for students entering grades 7-9 and GEMS II is for students entering grades 10-12.
Interested in this program?
If you are interested in this program email us or call (973) 724-1153. We'd love to hear from you!