Camp Invention® is an exciting summer enrichment program that provides children with opportunities to bring their biggest ideas to life while developing essential 21st-century skills. Local district educators facilitate the activities and enthusiastic high school students serve as Leadership Interns, ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children. Throughout the week, children rotate through hands-on activities that encourage them to collaborate, build confidence and persistence, and invent creative solutions to real-world problems.
Locations will be announced in May 2021.
You'll Get To...
- Participate in fun, hands-on challenges that encourage creativity and curiosity
- Collaborate with other students to develop innovative solutions to improve the world around you
- Discover STEM concepts through imaginative, high-energy activities
- Be inspired to innovate, dream, overcome obstacles and become a confident creator
- Design and build prototypes, explore entrepreneurship and learn how to protect your intellectual property
Rising kindergarten through 6th graders are eligible
Need-based stipends are available at Army-sponsored Camp Invention program sites. Families wishing to apply for a stipend should contact Wendy Merket at email@example.com.
Information for Volunteers
The National Inventors Hall of Fame offers a volunteer Leadership Intern program for high school and college level students, and would welcome AEOP alumni to participate. Participants get hands-on leadership experience, gain valuable communication skills and can earn up to 40 volunteer hours.
For more information contact Wendy Merkert at firstname.lastname@example.org
AEOP-sponsored locations are posted
June - August 2021
AEOP-sponsored locations host programs at schools near a GEMS location
eCYBERMISSION, Camp InventionRead the story
Camp Invention ON THE BLOG
Camp Invention Got Creative to Keep Students Connected
October 20, 2020Read the story