eCYBERMISSION is a free, web-based STEM competition for students in grades six through nine that promotes self-discovery and enables all students to recognize the real-life applications of STEM. Teams of two to four students (teams can be mixed grades) are instructed to ask questions (for science) or define problems (for engineering), and then construct explanations (for science) or design solutions (for engineering) based on identified problems in their community. Students compete for State, Regional and National Awards.
You'll Get To...
- develop ideas that address problems facing your community
- interact with scientists and engineers who currently work in robotics, technology, forces and motion, environment, food and nutrition, national security and safety, and alternative sources of energy
- gain valuable team building experience
- see the real-life application of STEM as you bring your ideas to life
- earn state, regional, and national awards
Rising 6th through 9th grade students are eligible
eCYBERMISSION Mini Grant
What is the Mini-Grant Program?
Are you looking for funds to assist your teachers in the classroom? Funding is available to help support teachers and program leaders as they implement eCYBERMISSION into their classroom.
Who can apply?
Any Team Advisors of students in grades 6-9 can apply. However, special consideration is given to Title 1 schools and to those with underserved/under-represented populations.
What are the deadlines for 2021-2022 application process?
- November 15, 2021 – Application closes
- November 23, 2021 – Teachers and students must be fully registered for the competition and on complete teams
eCYBERMISSION is free to enter.
Information for Volunteers
eCYBERMISSION is always looking for volunteers. Volunteers serve as Team Advisors, Ambassadors, CyberGuides and Virtual Judges. Register here to access the full list of opportunities to volunteer.
August 12, 2021
Student & Team Advisor registration opens
Ambassador registration opens
CyberGuide registration opens
November 15, 2021
eCM Mini-Grant application closes
November 23, 2021
Early Registration Closes
Deadline to receive free STEM kit (Students must be on a complete team to qualify)
December 10, 2021
Deadline for Shipping STEM Kits
January 12, 2022
Team and TA Registration Closes – Last chance to finalize your team!
March 2, 2022
Mission Folder Submission Deadline!
CyberGuide Registration Closes
March 14, 2022
Virtual Judge Registration Closes
March 16-30, 2022
April 25-29, 2022
Early May 2022
State Winners, Regional Finalists, and National Finalists Announced
June 20-24, 2022
National Judging & Educational Event
ON THE BLOG
Twenty Years of eCYBERMISSION
September 14, 2021Read The Story