Unite is a four-to-six week, pre-collegiate summer experience for talented high school students from groups historically underserved in STEM. Held at higher education institutions across the country, Unite encourages students to pursue college majors and careers in engineering and other STEM-related fields through a program of focused hands-on rigorous academics, enrichment and career exploration.
Program locations not yet available.
You'll Get To...
- learn how science, technology, engineering and mathematics have applications in the real world
- gain confidence in your ability to participate in STEM activities
- collaborate and solve problems as a member of a team
- learn firsthand from college students and professionals how engaging STEM studies and careers can be
- be better prepared to pursue STEM majors in college and, ultimately, in future careers
- Rising 9th through rising 12th grade students are eligible
- Students must be from groups historically underrepresented and underserved in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
Information for Volunteers
Unite programs engage volunteers to interact with students (as program assistants, mentors, speakers, etc.) during the summer. Inquiries about volunteering should be sent to specific Unite site directors.
February – May
Student application period (varies by site)
March – May
Selected students notified by Unite site directors (varies by site)
June – August
Students participate in Unite program (varies by site)
Interested in this program?
If you are interested in this program email us or call Hillary Lee at 888-860-9010. We'd love to hear from you!
UniteRead the story
Unite ON THE BLOG
Unite Students Explored the World of STEM from Home this Summer!
October 21, 2020Read the story