USAEOP’s Program Shifts Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
By now, we are certain that you have received countless communications regarding the evolving public health crisis concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). Due to ongoing developments, and in consideration of the health and wellness of our students, teachers, volunteers and mentors, we are implementing immediately the following programmatic changes:
- Ambassadors Program is now on hold
- Selection notifications delayed. PIs are in the process confirming their site operational status and choosing their new apprentices.
- Changes are being made on a site-by-site basis. Some sites are transitioning to online programs. Some sites are no longer offering apprenticeships.
- Applicants will be notified via email of their selection/non-selection status.
- Several sites will by operating virtual programs. Some sites are closing for summer 2020.
- Please check program pages for site-specific updates
- Camp Invention
- Moving to a virtual program through Camp Invention Connect. Learn more here.
- The National Judging & Education Event in June is going virtual this year.
- Participants: Please check email for all future updates.
- Junior Solar Sprint
- The National TSA conference is canceled. Please find the official TSA statement here.
- Research Experiences for STEM Educators and Teachers (RESET)
- Level 1 and Level 2 participants will now be combined for an enhanced Level 1 experience. The new Level 1 experience will include 3 Modules of online professional development with approximately 30 hours each. Everyone will participate in online interviews with scientists and engineers at Army Research Centers and Labs.
- Changes made on a site-by-site basis. Most sites are switching to virtual programs. Some sites have canceled programming. Some sites have moved their dates.
Please note that these changes apply primarily to national Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) events. Though we encourage local programs to adhere to these directives, local program leaders will also be free to abide by local and regional recommendations.
AEOP is a consortium of like-minded, Army-sponsored programs building STEM-literacy and awareness. As such, we acknowledge and adhere to information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Though this ongoing crisis changes our day-to-day lives, with preparation, preventative measures and adherence to national and state public health authority recommendations, we can work together to keep our communities safe during these uncertain times.
Please check back for updates.
Find a Volunteering Opportunity
Visit our Program Volunteers page for a tool to find the best opportunity for you.
The eCYBERMISSION Mini-Grant is intended to support teachers/program leaders as they implement eCYBERMISSION with their teams. Educators (formal and informal) of students in grades 6-9 are encouraged to apply. Special consideration is given to Title 1 schools and to those with underserved/ under-represented populations.
Latest AEOP News
AEOP Apprenticeship Mentors Are Helping Students Reach Their STEM goals, July 15, 2021