USAEOP’s Program Shifts Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
By now, we are certain that you have received countless communications regarding the evolving public health crisis concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). Due to ongoing developments, and in consideration of the health and wellness of our students, teachers, volunteers and mentors, we are implementing immediately the following programmatic changes:
- Several sites are extending registration deadlines; please check program specific pages for site-specific updates
- Junior Science and Humanities Symposia
- National judging competition is going virtual during the April 15-17, 2020 event
- Several regional competitions have shifted to digital-only. NSTA is working with regional directors to track further changes
- Junior Solar Sprint
- National TSA conference is still scheduled for June 27 – July 1, 2020, but most state conferences have been canceled
- Ambassadors Program is now on hold
Please note that these changes apply primarily to national Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) events. Though we encourage local programs to adhere to these directives, local program leaders will also be free to abide by local and regional recommendations.
AEOP is a consortium of like-minded, Army-sponsored programs building STEM-literacy and awareness. As such, we acknowledge and adhere to information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Though this ongoing crisis changes our day-to-day lives, with preparation, preventative measures and adherence to national and state public health authority recommendations, we can work together to keep our communities safe during these uncertain times.
Please check back for updates.
Find a Volunteering Opportunity
Visit our Program Volunteers page for a tool to find the best opportunity for you.
The eCYBERMISSION Mini-Grant is intended to support teachers/program leaders as they implement eCYBERMISSION with their teams. Educators (formal and informal) of students in grades 6-9 are encouraged to apply. Special consideration is given to Title 1 schools and to those with underserved/ under-represented populations.
Latest AEOP News
The Lasting Benefits of Camp Invention, March 19, 2020