Research Experiences for STEM Educators and Teachers (RESET), a division of the Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP), is designed to provide high school and middle school educators with high-quality professional development along with an authentic summer research experience at participating Army Research Laboratories and Centers. The program serves educators nation-wide while prioritizing those who serve communities with historically underserved/ underrepresented populations. RESET immerses STEM educators in authentic research so that they are equipped to provide students with opportunities to apply STEM concepts within real-world contexts.
- Empower K-12 STEM educators to incorporate research-based best practices in STEM education;
- Immerse educators in real-world research at Army research laboratories, while leveraging unique Army resources and the mentorship of world-class Army Scientists & Engineers;
- Increase educator awareness of and interest in STEM careers across the DoD;
- Promote collaboration and problem-solving in a team environment;
- Support educators as they create effective STEM research curricula based on their real-world research experiences; and,
- Increase students’ awareness and interest in STEM content and in STEM careers in the DoD using authentic real-world context drawn from their teacher’s experiences with research at Army research laboratories.
RESET is designed for high school and upper middle school teachers of science, math and/or career technical education (CTE) including engineering and other topics closely related to STEM.
RESET Program Options for Middle or High School STEM educators
Apply either as a Level 1 or as a Level 2 Participant.
- 60-hour time commitment
- $1500 total stipend
- Online PD (fall – synchronous and asynchronous)
- Online Army Scientist & Engineer Chat Sessions (Spring)
- STEM Curriculum Development (Summer)
- Everything from Level 1
- Conduct real-world research under the supervision of a world-class Army Scientist or Engineer
- Additional 160-hour time commitment
- Additional $4000 total stipend + travel & housing
April - November
September - December
Online Professional Development
January - April
U.S. Army Scientist & Engineer Chat Sessions (All Levels - 1–3 opportunities/month)
June / July
STEM Curriculum Development
Interested in This Program?
If you are interested in this program email us. We'd love to hear from you!
Research Experiences for STEM Educators and Teachers (RESET)Read The Story
RESET ON THE BLOG
Science Teacher to Science Communicator: Experiencing AEOP’s RESET Program
August 1, 2023Read The Story