Looking for a fun-filled educational activity during the summer? Look no further…GEMS Camp (Gains in the Education of Math and Science) will be held in Champaign, Illinois this summer!
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) will be hosting two FREE STEM based day camps this summer. Come experience STEM alongside the scientists and engineers at CERL through a variety of hands-on activities. Plus, see what it is like to have a STEM career within the U.S. Army.
Gems I: Rising grades 9th-12th
Gems II: Rising grades 6th-8th
- Cultivate curiosity
- Encourage students to take advanced courses
- Engage participants in rigorous and competitive scientific activities
- Offer opportunities for student interns to conduct research in a working laboratory
- Provide active learning experiments that merge concept with technical skills
- Challenge students with advanced protocols
- Applications submitted BEFORE or AFTER the registration period will not be considered.
- Applicants must submit an essay (min. 100 words) as part of their application.
June 13 - 17, 2022
GEMS I (High School - Rising 9th – 12th grades)
July 25 - 29, 2022
GEMS II (Middle School - Rising 6th - 8th grades)