eCYBERMISSION is a virtual STEM competition for 6th to 9th grade students that promotes teamwork, self-discovery, and the real-life applications of STEM. Students work in teams of two to four, led by an adult Team Advisor, to select a problem in their community to investigate with science or solve with engineering. Throughout the competition, students work on team building and interact with STEM professionals while competing for state, regional, and national awards in the form of savings bonds.
You'll Get To...
- make an impact on your community with STEM
- interact with real STEM professionals who work as scientists or engineers
- team up with your friends to bring your ideas to life
- earn state, regional, and national awards in the form of savings bonds
Rising 6th through 9th grade students are eligible
eCYBERMISSION Mini Grant
What is the Mini-Grant Program?
The eCYBERMISSION Mini-Grant program provides funding to support teachers as they implement eCYBERMISSION in their classrooms and schools. The first payment goes to the school to help with the cost of project supplies and the second payment goes to the Team Advisors (teachers) as a professional stipend.
Who can apply?
Any Team Advisors of students in grades 6-9 can apply. However, special consideration is given to Title 1 schools and to those with underserved populations.
What are the deadlines for 2023-2024 application process?
- November 16, 2023 – Application closes
- February 28, 2024 – eCYBERMISSION competition registration deadline (Team Advisors and students must be fully registered and on complete teams by this date.)
eCYBERMISSION is free to enter.
Information for Volunteers
eCYBERMISSION offers three volunteer opportunities, all with flexible schedules and most completely virtual. Register here.
- Ambassadors are advocates for STEM education and prioritize year-round networking to raise awareness for and increase local participation in eCYBERMISSION.
- CyberGuides serve as virtual mentors for students and Team Advisors, answering questions about science and engineering and participating in Live Chats.
- Virtual Judges review, comment, and score student projects, called Mission Folders.
August 16, 2023
Student Registration opens
Team Advisor Registration opens
Ambassador Registration opens
CyberGuide Registration opens
Virtual Judge Registration Opens
November 16, 2023
Mini-Grant Application Closes
February 28, 2024
Student Registration Closes
Team Registration Closes
Team Advisor Registration Closes
CyberGuide Registration Closes
March 6, 2024
Mission Folder Submission Deadline
March 12, 2024
Virtual Judge Registration Closes
March 13-27, 2024
April 22-26, 2024
May 3, 2024
State Winners, Regional Finalists & National Finalists Announced
June 24-27, 2024
National Judging & Educational Event
eCYBERMISSION (2019), GEMS (2021)Read The Story
ON THE BLOG
Bridging the Gap: Empowering Tomorrow’s Innovators through eCYBERMISSION
November 6, 2023Read The Story