URAP provides undergraduate students with an authentic science and engineering research experience alongside university researchers sponsored by the Army Research Office. Through this commuter program, students will develop skills in Army critical science and engineering research areas in a university lab setting to prepare them for the next steps of their educational and professional career.
To find program locations, click on a state in the map below or download a locations list.
You'll Get To...
- receive a stipend equivalent to $15 per hour for 8 to 10 weeks/up to 300 hours
- experience authentic science and engineering research
- be introduced to Army research and associated educational opportunities available to students through the Army’s Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) and DoD
- build experience in developing and presenting scientific research
- develop an independent research program in preparation for research fellowships, graduate school, and careers in science and engineering
- develop skills and background to prepare for competitive entry to science and engineering undergraduate programs
- benefit from the expertise of a scientist or engineer as a mentor for professional and engineering research
- Undergraduate students
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
This program is for commuting students only. Students are required to travel to and from the program site daily. In addition, the program does not supply an allowance for housing, meals or travel reimbursement.
Apprenticeship locations announced and Summer Program applications open
Summer Program Applications Close
**Application extension for specified sites**
March 1 - March 31
April 1 - April 30
AAS notified by universities and labs of confirmed participants
Notification process of selections & non-selections to students begin
May 1 - May 31
Welcome letters to students, mentors & lab coordinators
June - August
Summer Apprenticeships - Weekly notices to students, mentors/directors/lab coordinators
Interested in this program?
If you are interested in this program email us. We'd love to hear from you!
Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP)Read the story
URAP ON THE BLOG
URAP students publish neuroscience research in Frontiers for Young Minds
February 7, 2019Read the story
Click a highlighted state to find a location near you