SEAP matches practicing DoD scientists with talented high school students creating a direct mentor-student relationship that provides students with training that is unparalleled at most high schools. SEAP participants receive first-hand research experience and exposure to Army Laboratories and Centers. SEAP fosters desire in its participants to pursue further training and careers in STEM.
Program locations coming soon.
You'll Get To...
- receive a stipend based on your experience and education level
- work personally with scientists or engineers doing real life research
- do research in Army Laboratories and Centers – an environment unlike local high schools or colleges
- have the opportunity to present your research to your peers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- High school students – Each lab has specific age requirements. Visit the site location map for details
This program is for commuting students only. Students are required to travel to and from the program site daily. In addition, the program does not supply an allowance for housing, meals or travel reimbursement.
Summer 2021 Application Opens and Locations Announced
Interested in this program?
If you are interested in this program email us or call 585-475-2566. We'd love to hear from you!
Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP)Read the story
SEAP ON THE BLOG
Army scientist in the classroom!
April 16, 2018Read the story