Working to inspire our next generation of STEM stars, the Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) is announcing a new award designed to encourage AEOP program participants and alumni to engage in scientific meetings/technical symposia to showcase their STEM research.
The AEOP’s new Technical Symposia Award is open to all eligible AEOP participants and alumni who have a scholarly paper, poster, or other creative scholarly work that has been accepted for a professional conference to apply for a travel award.
Participation in scientific meetings/technical symposia will expand and enrich current AEOP students’ educational experiences by interacting and networking with STEM professionals in the field, exploring a variety of STEM disciplines and careers, gaining experience in communicating their research accomplishments, and serving as AEOP ambassadors. Additionally, it will provide AEOP alumni to reconnect with AEOP, present their current research or research conducted while with AEOP at technical symposia.
Current AEOP program participants who have a paper, poster, or other STEM-based research/scholarly work that has been accepted for national professional presentation may apply. AEOP research apprenticeship includes Science & Engineering Apprentice Program (SEAP), Research and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (REAP), High School Apprenticeship Program (HSAP), College Qualified Leaders (CQL) and Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program (URAP). AEOP alumni may also apply to present their current research or research that they’ve conducted during their participation in AEOP.
Eligible Expenses Include:
- Registration fees for conference or creative exhibition.
- Travel fees: plane fares, train fares, car rental, ground transportation.
- Lodging: up to, but not exceeding, the federal maximum per diem rate (http://www.gsa.gov).
- Food: up to, but not exceeding, the federal per diem rate (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104877).
- The award may NOT be used to cover individual membership dues for professional organizations or societies.
For minors under the age of 18, travel expenses (airfare, lodging, food) will be covered for the presenter and one parent/legal guardian.
AEOP’s new Technical Symposia Travel Award will be awarded to program participants and alumni based on the quality of their applications and fulfillment of all eligibility requirements. For more information on how to apply, contact your program director.
|PROGRAM NAME||PROGRAM LEAD
|CAMP INVENTION||Sue Whitsett
|JUNIOR SOLAR SPRINT||Sue King
|JUNIOR SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES SYMPOSIUM||Doris Cousens
Please be prepared to include the following information in the CVENT application tool:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Street address
- If under 18, name of parent/guardian who will be traveling with you.
- Are you currently a student? Yes/No
- If yes, school name.
- If yes, year in school.
- Which AEOP did you participate in?
- Name of mentor
- Email address of mentor
- Letter of support from mentor (upload file)
- Name of conference you wish to attend with this award.
- Location of conference you wish to attend with this award.
- Dates you will attend conference you wish to attend with this award.
- Will you be presenting a paper, poster or an oral session?
- Title of paper, poster or presentation
- Names of co-presenters, if applicable
- In 200 words or less, please describe why attending this conference will help you achieve your professional and/or academic goals.
- Total amount of funds requested:
- Expense summary: Provide an estimate of expenses for presenter and parent/guardian, if applicable. Include airfare, lodging, per diem, ground transportation, and registration (for presenter only).