GEMS Program Camp
Looking for a fun-filled educational activity during the summer? Look no further…GEMS Camp (Gains in the Education of Math and Science) will be held in Champaign, Illinois this summer!
GEMS programs give students in grades 7-11 an opportunity to learn at an Army laboratory and be exposed to career opportunities in the areas of math and science. Participating students will receive an educational stipend.
- Cultivate curiosity
- Encourage students to take advanced courses
- Engage participants in rigorous and competitive scientific activities
- Offer opportunities for student interns to conduct research in a working laboratory
- Provide active learning experiments that merge concept with technical skills
- Challenge students with advanced protocols
|2018 Dates||GEMS Level||Program Description||
Fall 2018 Grade Level
|June 18-22||GEMS I||TBD||6-8|
|July 16-20||GEMS II||TBD||9-11|
NEAR PEER MENTORS: November 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 -> APPLY HERE!
STUDENTS: February 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018 -> APPLY NOW
*Applications submitted BEFORE or AFTER the registration period will not be considered. Applicants must submit an essay (min. 500 words) as part of their application.
*Click here to read the 2017 GEMS FAQs..